Back in November, I purchased 14 Makeup Geek Eyeshadows, 2 blushes, and a large Z Palette to put them in. It ended up being a pretty big purchase, $130. After hearing so many people rave about these shadows and seeing them in almost every single one of Jaclyn Hill’s Youtube videos, I decided to finally get some myself. I really had no idea of what I wanted, I looked at every single color and looked up swatches and favorites from other bloggers/youtubers. I’m really happy with the ones I picked out, and I have marked a few of my favorites for you all below. My “favorites” have a heart above the swatch, most of them I use every single day. I do love all of the colors though, just some are better for everyday wear. For some reason, I didn’t take a picture of the blushes in this palette before I started using it, but there is a swatch of them at the bottom!
Eyeshadow Pans: $5.99 each
Blush Pans: $9.99 each
Large, Black Z Palette: $20.00
• Ice Queen: Love this shade for inner corner and under the brow highlight!
• Peach Smoothie: One of my all time favorites! I use this almost everyday as a transition and blending color.
• Glamorous: Beautiful bronzy-shimmer color for the lid!
• Cocoa Bear: Another all time fav, I personally use it in the outer edges of the eye. It’s the perfect warm-tone brown.
• Mocha: Usually use this color in my crease, and to create the “outer v” shape on smokey eyes.
• Vanilla Bean: Gorgeous off-white color, looks beautiful on the inner half of the lid and under the brow.
• Beaches & Cream: LOVE THIS SHADE. It’s few shades lighter than Peach Smoothie, I use this one too as a transition/all over lid color.
• Creme Brulee: Another perfect warm brown color. It’s not as dark as Cocoa Bear, but very similar.
• Latte: Yet another warm toned brown. Although these all seem similar, they each give a very different look when applied onto the eye.
• Barcelona Beach: This one isn’t as warm in tone, and it looks really good when going for a darker eye look.
• Shimma Shimma: FAVORITE inner corner highlight. It’s just so beautiful and shimmery, I LOVE it.
• Cinderella: Very similar to Shimma Shimma, just tinted pink. It’s very beautiful and girly.
• Cosmopolitan: I’ve gotten SO many compliments on this eyeshadow. I use my Mac Fix+ to wet it after I have some on a brush, and just pack it onto my lid. It looks beautiful in combination with Coca Bear!
• Mercury: Although I don’t personally use this shade much, it is a really pretty space grey/silver color. I have been trying to stay away from super dark colors and black…since that is all I used to wear in high school!
• Spell Bound (Blush): I fell in love with this blush the first time I used it. Its the most perfect shade for me and looks really good with the shadows I marked as favorites.
• First Love (Blush): When I ordered this, I expected it to look different when actually wearing it. Personally, I don’t think this blush can be worn alone. Sometimes I mix it with a little bit of Spell Bound, or use it as a soft highlight right above Spell Bound, but never alone. It’s just way too pale in my opinion.
I’m so glad I finally ended up purchasing these. Although it can start to add up in price, in the long run you will save money because you are just buying shades that you want. I know I have tons of palettes that have 8+ colors in them and I only use 2-4. Now I can pick exactly what colors I want and when I hit pan, I can just order another one for $5.99! Can’t beat that!
All Over Lid & Crease: Peach Smoothie, Beaches & Cream
Inner Corner/Lid: Vanilla Bean & Shimma Shimma
Outer Lid & Crease: Creme Brulee & Cocoa Bear
Liner: Stila Stay All Day WaterProof Liquid Liner & Urban Decay Perversion
Mascara: L’Oreal Telescopic Carbon Black